Saia - Damaged shipment, hid the damage and rejected claim

Did major damage to patio furniture (bent chair back ~4 inches) then took boxes from another shipment and covered the box damage so I couldn't see it. So I didn't note any damage on invoice.

I filled out all of the paperwork they asked for and supplied pictures, but of course the claim was rejected.

Also when I asked them to come and remove the damaged item, box & pallet and they refused.

When I tried to speak to them on the phone they were, uncaring and clinical. I felt like they knew that the claim was going to be rejected, so there was no reason to become involved.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 5 Yes 5 0 No 0
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 07, 2013 #675898

At SAIA it is our policy to hide damaged frieght. Its just part of the game. The upper management doesn't wan't to do thier part in preventing claims. They feel that pointing the finger of blame and passing the buck is a much more effective means of taking care of the customer. Employees get treated like garbage. Therefore your item gets treated the same. The only reason SAIA employees anyone is because the economy dictates it. Nobody actually wants to be there.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Saia. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Saia.
Filing a new complaint about