I ordered a bunk bed for my children recently, and the seller chose to ship with Saia.I'd never dealt with them before, but after this instance I can say that I will do everything I can to avoid them in the future if I'm given any choice at all.

When the bed was delivered, it became apparent that Saia had run a forklift into one of the boxes, with a large hole and lots of damaged wood. Inside the box there were a couple rails of the bed reduced to splinters, and large gashes taken out of several of the other pieces. When I alerted the driver, he acted surprised. I asked whether I would have to contact the seller to request a replacement, and he said he would call in a claim through Saia.

When finished, he gave me a "claim number" and told me that someone would be in touch about redelivery of the damaged part. I thought they were doing a great job of taking responsibility and was happy with the outcome. Unfortunately, it turns out the driver lied through his teeth. What he actually called in was an exception for himself to let Saia know he had delivered the damaged goods and I'd accepted them.

A week later, when I called to check on the status of my claim, I was told that I was wrong and that I must have misunderstood, despite my wife and I having been right there hearing this from the driver.

Saia then told me I'd have to work through the seller and request the replacement from them.Well, sure am glad I wasted a week waiting for their fictional claim to process.

Review about: Saia Vehicle Driver.

Comments